Stories from a Witches Cabinet

welcome

The Daily blog of a Daily Witch. From Daily Tarot readings, to excerpts from my own personal book of shadows, to Astrology and general thoughts, Handcrafts and the overall life of a Housewife Witch.

The Beginning


I have known my whole life that I wanted to be a writer. However, the problem is that whenever I go to write something, I always reach a road block. What am I going to write about? Even at my young age, I know so much about the spiritual journey I am on. My problem is that I have no idea how to culminate this knowledge into a form that is not only legible but also enjoyable to read. I know that it is my destiny to transcribe my knowledge then to share it and teach it to whomever comes looking for it. But where do I even begin? The beginning would seem like a good start. So let me settle down, with a nice cup of tea, my glasses, and try and tell my story the best that I can.

---

As far back as I can remember I have been a child with... particular spiritual gifts. I have always been able to sense spirits or energy, and on top of that I am also an empath. I was fortunate enough to be raised in a family in which these things were common to have so I was raised to nurture and care for these abilities. My family comes from all over Europe. We have Celtic blood from Ireland to Amsterdam and the practices of pagan ways has been passed down from generation to generation. Eventually coming from my grandmother to me. My grandmother is most definitely a child of the forest, her patron god is Herne. Almost everything I was taught while growing up was at her teaching. We never called ourselves "Pagan" or "Witches" this was just a way of life for us. I would come to her with questions about ghosts, my empathy skills, spiritual questions about the divine, and so much more. Eventually as I got older I was introduced to Wicca. Wicca followers the basic principles of what I was taught growing up. The love of the earth, the world of Faeries and magick, the power of energy, and the existence of the divine Mother and Father. It wasn't to long after that I started calling myself a Witch. I finally had a name for the way that I had lived my life for all these years, and it was a name that I loved.

I decided that I didn't want to be a Wiccan, it was a relatively new term for the religion of Witchcraft instead of simply the spiritual practice. I was drawn specifically to Green Witchcraft because of its work with Faeries and other Fae-kind which I had always considered myself kin to. My practice quickly began to include many aspects of Natural Magick. I would work with the elements and the natural flows of energy. I included a lot of songs with dancing to work with the Faery, set up a Faery grotto, and began to study herbal lore/remedies. At this time, I was still in High School and going into my Eleventh grade year. Eleventh Grade was the hardest grade for me in school and my empathy had gotten so active I was becoming physically ill quite often. I eventually had to drop out because I was in such bad shape that school was not helping me or teaching me anything. It was at this time that I went into the next phase of my life.

After I left school my social life completely stopped and I was absolutely cut off from most of the world. I was a hermit only on purpose. I knew that I had to focus on healing and learning to handle not only my abilities but also Witchcraft. That was when my mentor appeared and took me under her wing. She taught me about enlightenment, world knowledge, showed me what it meant to be an empath, helped awaken my potential as a healer and teacher. She had given me so much in these two years, and for sometime it was just her and I learning or experiencing life to its fullest or lowest moments. I learned and grew to amazing and exciting new levels in that time. I experienced hardships unknown and several trials. However, after much thought, meditation, and communion with my Goddess I emerged from the darkness and was granted the tittle of Priestess. This was the start of my life's work, and a path that I always knew I was destined to take.

0 comments:

Post a Comment