Stories from a Witches Cabinet

welcome

The Daily blog of a Daily Witch. From Daily Tarot readings, to excerpts from my own personal book of shadows, to Astrology and general thoughts, Handcrafts and the overall life of a Housewife Witch.

Changing a house into a home.






If you read my daily cards yesterday, you can see that the focus of yesterday was change. So todays post will be just about that; Change. You can ask anyone, I hate change. If suddenly something changes, I get all worked up and upset. It may be because, as a water element I just prefer slower change. However, not ALL change is bad. Even I know this. Some change, including sudden changes are necessary for the benefit of yourself and the many. Sometimes change teaches us lessons, sometimes it offers us opportunities to better ourselves and the people around us.
    Currently, my boyfriend and I are living with some roommates. Both, pretty good friends of ours. However, my issue with this is it doesn’t feel like home. You know, that feeling you get after a long days of work and you sit down with your feet up and you go…”Ahh…”. Well, I don’t get that here. And it is frustrating. I like living with them, it is a good opportunity for me. Its cheap, clean, accessible, and the people are good people. Yet, I can’t make it my own space. Which, is something else that water elements like to do. Have their own space. Everyone else’s energy is always buzzing about, they’re always leaving it floating around and about. On top of that, it was the house that both roommates grew up in, so they feel a claim to the space. Leaving me just feeling like a guest.
    Although, this is the place I live. This SHOULD be my home. So, I’m going to work on changing the place to an energy that we can all feel comfortable with. I just bought a book called Cottage Witchery by Ellen Dugan, one of my all time favorite book, but my original copy seemed to have walked away. With the help from the book, some of my own magick, and hopefully cooperation from my boyfriend and roommates I’d love to change this into, our home. At the very least, I’d like to make it so that I am comfortable.
With all the anxiety issues I have, on top of being an empath, I have the unfortunate habit of collecting and keeping all their negative energy and all their straggling sorts of buzzing vibes and keeping it. I do my best to suffice, wearing a hematite necklace, grounding and centering often, but just can’t seem to do enough to keep the house level. So I’m really counting on help from this book.
The good thing about Cottage Witchery is it’s a relatively simple prospect, and can be as cheap or as expensive as you’d like it. The main prospect is about attuning the house with the natural flow of energy of the earth, channeling that through ones “Hearth” of the house and rippling that energy outwards. This can be done by adding different elements of magick to different parts of the house.
    And these elements don’t specifically have to be spells or charms, it can be all about what colors you paint the walls, flowers you bring in, and candles you arrange. The way you move your furniture has an impact on the overall energy of the house, the Chinese have been practicing this, Called Feng Shui for hundreds of years. Magick is not all about spells or rituals. It can be so much simple and far more subtle than that.
    That is what Cottage Witchery is all about. And these little and subtle changes are what I plan do to help me adjust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment