Stories from a Witches Cabinet

welcome

The Daily blog of a Daily Witch. From Daily Tarot readings, to excerpts from my own personal book of shadows, to Astrology and general thoughts, Handcrafts and the overall life of a Housewife Witch.

Day one: Your Witchey Background


44 days of Witchy Blogging

Day 1: What is your Witchy Background?

Written by Fae Kieran

    My family is English/Irish in heritage, and come from Wales. I was fortunate enough to have been raised around the mythical and magickal since I was a young child. I first heard about Magick and power from my grandmother and great aunt. Who taught me much of what I know today. They helped me develop into my powers of empathy, taught me to see the world as a whole, and to teach me about the Light which is the spark of creation of the universe who is the Goddess and mother of all. As I grew older, I was raised in a wonderfully rich environment filled with people who helped raise me and teach me many things. It was a world that was lived in service to the God/dess. Priestesses, they called themselves.
      Much was given to me and I had an opportunity to give and learn wonderful things from them. When I grew older and my path became more clearly defined, it was only a matter of time before I knew this was considered Witchcraft, the original version of an older way of living. Fascinated with this idea, I began on my journey to learn everything about the craft and fashion myself into a “Proper Witch”.
     When I was 13, my best friend (and still to this day) Introduced me to books that her mother had passed to her. Mostly Wicca books which I read, took what I needed and returned. A few of them that I still have today; these books aren’t Wiccan, as I don’t consider my self a Wicca. These books helped define my already spiritual life into something filled with myth, shrouded in shadow, deep with age old mystery, and blessed with knowledge. I was then able to fashion the Priestesshood together with what I learned with Witchcraft, and to my surprise they blended together creating a wonderfully harmonic lifestyle.
        I was also born with the innate ability to heal. Since I already lived my life in service to the divine it was very easy to also live it in service to those who needed it. I first began to practice healing, spiritual teaching, and guidance in high school. Where it seemed everyone was always in need of some sort of anything. As a young Empath, it was very difficult at first to learn the boundaries of healing and to know when I was giving myself too much to my charges. However with time, practice, and help from my mentor I was able to successfully learn to hone and handle my healing abilities.
       All of this helps culminate into my Witchy Background, and help to make the person I am today. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment