Stories from a Witches Cabinet

welcome

The Daily blog of a Daily Witch. From Daily Tarot readings, to excerpts from my own personal book of shadows, to Astrology and general thoughts, Handcrafts and the overall life of a Housewife Witch.

Day 18: Have you had any Paranormal Experiences?



Day 18: Have you had any Paranormal Experiences.

I think, there is far to many to even name. I have been seeing, feeling, and hearing, more than just spirits since I was very little.
When I was younger, I often stayed in a very large, very old Plantation house near Ponce Inlet that my step fathers parents owned. In the middle of the house there was a large room that probably was used for ballroom dancing’s or some other sort of gatherings in days long, long past. It had been carpeted, and we now used it as a room for storage. However, this room connected to three medium sized bedrooms, (about 8 by 12 each) These rooms where probably used for different social gatherings as well or perhaps powder rooms or something similar. However, I know undoubtedly these four rooms were “haunted”. I can’t tell you how many times I heard music just coming from the walls of the ballroom. I was asked, many times Why I was dancing and spending time in this room, My reply was most often “I was dancing to the pretty music”.
However, the other three rooms, I was absolutely terrified of, to the point where I had to tell my mother and stepfather to lock the doors because it made me feel safer.
Upstairs in this house, there was three bedrooms, and a bathroom, a large middle area (directly above the ballroom). I had the far bedroom, my sisters room was directly next to me, and my parents had the master bedroom at the top of the stairs. Across from my sisters bedroom, across the large middle room there was a smaller room. I was also terrified of this. I always could see an image of a taller middle aged man standing in the door way. I am almost certain that this was a butler/servant quarter.
On top of that, I spent the better part of my years there, terrified of my own room. Not because of any spirits, but because when I was laying in bed, I could hear very distinctly the sound of little feet literally pattering around. I commonly saw things that I called “Rat Men”. And It would scare me to the point where I would be crying, and when my mother would come in to see why, she would look around and see no rats anywhere. Years later, I realize now that I was living with goblins. They never hurt me, and I’m sure now that there initial intent was to simply play with me. Mischievous as they are they have a tendency to gather around Faery Children and scare them. Nowadays, I freely welcome them, and other Faerykind in all the places in my life.
There have been many more accounts, of friendly ghosts, restless spirits, dark shadows, angry souls, playful sprits, mischievous fay, and my fair share of mythological creatures.
I have been fortunate enough to been able to deal with them each in their own ways, and never have any issue with them. I consider myself very lucky and gifted in my ability to communicate with them, and I owe a great deal to some of them for what they have taught me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment