Stories from a Witches Cabinet

welcome

The Daily blog of a Daily Witch. From Daily Tarot readings, to excerpts from my own personal book of shadows, to Astrology and general thoughts, Handcrafts and the overall life of a Housewife Witch.

Day Six. Your Favourite God



Day Five: a Favorite God.

My favorite God is Herne, for many many reasons. Originally the Priestesses of Avalon only worshiped The Goddess. However, they still recognized the God as an important deity, but he was the Idol of the Druids. The idea of the Celtic Horned God comes from the Druids, who believed that the spirit of nature and the forest resided inside Large Stags. It was a traditional and yearly custom that young druids would train to become great warriors and fighters, and when they came of the proper age (16/17/18 the exact age isn’t really known) for Beltane all the male druids would hunt down the Finest and Strongest Stag. Whoever killed the Stag received the blessing of the God, would be seen as Herne, and then he was able to bead a Maiden who was to be The Goddess.
I am very close to Herne, having seen him and felt him as I have the Goddess within me, To the point where, once when I was all alone in the forest near where I lived crying over something that happened He appeared to me and lead me through the trees and out of the forest. It was the must magnificent thing to ever happen to me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment